Simcenter 3D - Electronic Systems Cooling
Prerequisites: Simcenter 3D Pre/post. Basic understanding of FEA and CFD principles.
Description: The Electronic Systems Cooling course provides students with comprehensive instruction in the use of Simcenter Pre/Post to build electronic systems cooling models, simulating heat transfer and 3D fluid flow in electronics applications. Students will learn the skills necessary to build or modify geometry, create a finite element mesh, and carry out sophisticated thermal and fluid flow analysis quickly and easily. The course covers both theoretical and practical aspects of how the software handles heat transfer by conduction, convection and radiation and includes a variety of examples and tutorials addressing techniques for each step in the process.
Duration: 2 days
- Introduction to Simcenter Pre/Post
- Geometry idealization and fluid volume creation
- Meshing and material properties for thermal and flow analyses
- Heat transfer and electronics thermal management
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Thermal and flow boundary conditions
- Thermal couplings and radiation
- Solution options and solving
- Post processing
- Results mapping
- PCB Exchange introduction
|Event Start||Also available as custom course|