The age of Simulation-driven Design is here
Innovative manufactures are taking advantage of advances in technology and development processes to beat their competitors to market with higher quality, longer lasting products. Simulation is no longer just a performance validation tool, but simulation is becoming an organic part of the development process throughout concept and design.
Simulation is leading manufacturers to:
- Discover and produce new, unimagined design possibilities.
- Help designers create better, more robust designs earlier in the development process.
Learn top 7 tips for increasing engineering productivity by frontloading CFD
In an increasingly competitive world, how does your organization remain competitive?
This high-pressure environment requires high productivity from its players resulting in either doing things faster and leaner without compromising quality or giving the game away to a hungrier competitor who is willing to do whatever it takes.
- What is the simulation centric design process?
- What are the outcomes of failed prototypes?
- How to develop an optimal design development process that enables your team to work smarter and produce more?
- How frontloading simulation has helped increase productivity while significantly shortening the design cycle for other engineering organizations without even having to build a single prototype?
Manage product change accurately and comprehensively by frontloading CFD simulation
Accuracy is important ― so you need accurate results. Better, higher quality and lower cost designs require designers to look at as many design variants and configurations as possible using native geometry. Design engineers need a new generation of software to frontload CFD - one that relies on intelligent technologies enabling non-experts to use it.
- Reduces the total simulation time by up to 65 to 75 percent
- Exclusive technology ensures that you do not sacrifice accuracy for speed
- Tested in the field for more than 20 years and proven successful as a complementary project tool for a wide range of industrial applications
FLOEFD for NX offers the following benefits:
- Robust CAD-led simulation ― plug-and-play
- Frontloading CFD helps filter out the bad designs early
- Examine lots of ideas quickly, early
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design space exploration tool
- Fast without sacrificing accuracy
The main task of a design engineer is design, not simulation. However, a design engineer needs simulation to be competitive!
Let simulation drive design geometry create lighter, radically new designs that perform
Determining the shape of a new part is challenging. Why not start with simulation instead?
One way to achieve simulation-driven design is with topology optimization. With topology optimization, you don’t begin with a design at all. Instead, a designer within NX CAD models the design space and simulates it based on expected loading conditions. The result is a completely innovative part geometry that meets structural performance requirements immediately, yet is lighter than the existing design.
If you’ve never seen topology optimization before, watch this demonstration to learn how topology optimization can help you create lighter, radically new design concepts with full confidence that they will exceed performance targets.
Automate iterative design and analysis processes 100x faster development process with reduced error
Learn how you can easily capture, automate, and deploy simulation processes in the CAD environment.
An effective method to enable simulation-driven design is to automate your simulation processes. This enables less experienced engineers or designers to fulfill simple to even complex analysis tasks directly within their familiar CAD environment. These automated processes are called templates, and these templates are typically created by CAE experts.
Read how Design Automation Associates (DAA) was able to automate routine vibration analysis processes for engineered-to-order circuit boards to:
- Reduce a 40-hour iterative analysis process to just 15 minutes
- Standardize the process and reduce errors
- Enable designers to perform simulation directly within their CAD environment.
Read the case study to learn how DAA did it, and how you can too.
Capture, automate, and deploy simulation in CAD helps your designers create better parts by using simulation
Enable simulation-driven design by automating the simulation process.
Your simulation team is already buried in work and your designers aren’t getting timely feedback on their designs. So why not let your design team perform routine analyses themselves so they can use simulation to drive design decisions?
You can achieve this today by having your CAE experts capture, automate, and deploy your simulation processes within your CAD environment. This enables the less experienced engineers or designers to fulfill simple to even complex analysis tasks. These automated processes are called templates. All the simulation knowledge that is needed for the analysis is built into these templates to ensure high quality simulation results.
Watch this demonstration to learn how automated simulation templates can help you build better products faster.
Interested? Welcome to contact us!